Thursday 20 October 2022

Back to sketching

Having taken a break from sketching, the other day I felt it was time to pick up my sketchbook, pens and pencils again.

Who / What to draw though?

and 

What medium to use?

It wasn’t too difficult a decision as I love drawing/sketching with Pens.  You know how some people have a thing about Handbags or Shoes….well, I have a thing about Fountain Pens!  Yes, it is possible to draw with fountain pens.  My favourite is a good quality Lamy with metal casing.  It feels so nice to use.

Subject matter?  On this occasion it had to be young Dottie.

Here are 2 sketches so far, done over the course of a week from her antics. 

I’ve tagged on a third drawing not dog related, but as I’m adding ink sketches, thought I would include it in this blogpost.  It’s of hubby walking daughter’s horse back to the field.

- the caption : "Dot Dot Dash"






- the caption: "Jobs done at the yard - grandad decided it was his turn to take Duke to the paddock...and off they went companionably" 







4 comments:

Eileen H said...

So good to see you back Ann and showing us your wonderful sketches of young Dottie and your daughter's horse Duke. You've been missed xx

William Adventures & Sketches said...

Eileen.....Thanks so much, it's certainly nice to get back to some normality around here 😀

Sue said...

I've missed you and your sketches, Ann! You have such a way of capturing your furry friends that always brings a smile to my face.
Welcome back!

William Adventures & Sketches said...

Sue....Thank you so much Sue, it's lovely to know the sketches are enjoyed. I definitely get a lot of fun from drawing them.